The successful candidates will be part of the Asset Management and Life Assurance Audit team with responsiblities for the management of a (closed book) Life Insurer. This role will give a high level of autonomy and will involve audit execution, day to day management of the audit work, liaison with key client staff and the management of the reporting process. You will report to an Audit Director.
You will also have the opportunity to advise on supporting significant Solvency II projects and helping to develop more junior staff. You will also have the opportunity to audit other areas of the group including Asset Management, Treasury and Reinsurance.
- Managing the Life Assurance Audits and assisting with other financial services audits
- Development and coaching of junior members of staff
- Completion of audits within agreed time-scales
- Travel to UK offices in Birmingham, Hertfordshire, Milton Keynes and London for 20-30% of your time.
- Recently qualified ACAs or ACCA’s from an Audit or Transaction Advisory Services Group. Preference will be given to those with Client Secondment / Audit / Advisory or Internal Audit experience.
- A minimum of 2 years PQE in a financial services (retail or wholesale) environment is essential – ie Life Assurance, General Insurance, Asset Management or Banking.
- Impressive analytical capabilities
- Highly motivated and committed
- Positive and ambitious attitude
- Up to date on current economic and market trends
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Highly proficient in written and oral communication
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
Senior role within the Life business of a leading FTSE 100 company to lead the development and implementation of the audit plan for Actuarial controls .
- Qualified Life Actuary;
- Awareness of General Insurance actuarial concepts;
- Knowledge of Insurance Pricing, Reserving, Capital requirements (including Solvency 2), Planning, Forecasting and Financial Reporting;
- Ability to communicate complex messages effectively to different audiences which will include the Insurance Finance Director and Chief Actuary as their key stakeholder.