Our client is looking for 40 Desktop Support/Network Engineers of varying experience (from junior to senior) for a short term contract based commencing 20 June 2016 and ending any time between 6 – 31 August 2016 to provide end-user support and remote end-user support for desktop users and the network infrastructure as well as technical support for data communications network or group of networks and second line end user support.
Duties will include the following:
• Provide general IT support to all users based at the ROC;
• Provide remote end-user support using remote desktop and other remote control tools.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software errors;
• Resolve connectivity issues at the ROC;
• Setup and configure desktop PC’s to the network;
• Install application programs requested by the user;
• Provide laptop support;
• Re-imaging of desktop computers as required;
• Basic printer troubleshooting and support;
• Problem determination and resolution;
• Liaise with engineers regarding PC, printer and peripheral repairs and call-outs.
• Switch\Hub maintenance and management at the ROC.
• Move IT equipment at the ROC.
The Desktop Support Technician will work in a team that will be responsible for providing 2nd line support to all end users. S/he will work in conjunction with system administrators, database administrators and external vendor technicians to achieve the support level that is required. The successful individuals will have exposure to the following:
• Deep skills and experience in desktop support of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7; Windows Vista) and Microsoft applications (Office, Outlook, Internet Explorer, WSUS, etc);
• Remote end-user support skills
• It is further recommended that the candidate should have experience in Troubleshooting and problem solving technical issues.
• Knowledge of HP/Cisco switches and routers;
• Good documentation skills.
• Driver’s license
Should you wish to know more or make application please contact Nana Abukari at [email protected]