Our client, a leading global investment bank is seeking an experienced Director to lead their Internal Audit, Corporate (Operations) team. With prior experience gained in a similar financial services organisation or a global bank, you will have considerable understanding of operations supporting a global markets business. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience leading and developing teams in addition to fostering excellent working relationships with stakeholders and senior management.
Experience in a management role
Experience managing and developing large teams
Professional Audit or Accountancy qualification
- Experience in all aspects of planning and executing audits across a range of functions, preferably: Risk, Regulatory finance, Compliance and Legal.
The successful candidate will join a tier 1 organisation with a clear structure and strong global presence. As part of a dedicated Audit function, you will lead the Operations and Change Management team and will have experience within a large bank in either IT or Business Audit. With a proven track record of leading teams, allocating resources and managing budgets, you will maintain high standards of reporting across the function. Through fostering an open team environment you will encourage the sharing of knowledge and expertise between all team members.
- Considerable experience in a leadership role, maintaining and developing excellent working relationships with team members, stakeholders and senior management.
- Charismatic leadership skills with desire and personality to inspire other team members.
- An expert knowledge of Operations & Change Management audit including documentation standards, risk modelling, change controls, quality frameworks and compliance.
- Degree educated with an appropriate audit or accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, IIA, CISA).
- Good working knowledge of current business operating models and systems.
- Prior experience managing a global team and resources or considerable experience in project management.
High level role working on a the complex Financial Services operations focusing on systemic risk issues.
This role covers a high risk division requiring a subtle audit approach and sensitive relationship management skills.
The successful candidate will have a background in Banking, Asset Management or Insurance, and have a thorough knowledge of dealing with complex operations in the middle and back office. High levels of energy and enthusiasm as well as the ability to sell audit concepts as well as conduct the audits is essential.
You will be the lead Auditor for this business stream and support the larger audit group on on issues in the asset management business.