Sales Manager & Sales Director – Financial Data Markets
Salaries: Sales Manger £30-50k plus commission, Sales Director £50-70k plus commission
DESCRIPTION: Achieve sales growth and account penetration for a suite of products and services and secure new business.
Established over 20 years ago my client is a leading data supplier of equity ownership analysis for UK FTSE and AIM market stocks to boards of Plc’s and global banking and financial news groups.
The group now have an unlimited opportunity to take on additional clients within the: Banking, Stock Broking and Financial Market Data sectors.
To date, 90% of clients have been developed by referral and organic growth. You will drive new business and develop new market streams to develop and network high value clients.
Strong sales and client facing skills are essential in this role as clients will be from diverse backgrounds: IR & Corporate Finance, Equity Traders and Heads of Technology. Due to the bespoke nature of this product range, gaining an understanding of equity market data and complex client needs are an integral part of this role.
- Be responsible for generating and developing business
- Expanding and Manage an existing portfolio of established clients.
- Make telephone calls, client visits and presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made
- Identify sources for developing prospective clients and information to determine their potential.
- Manage client accounts through follow-up call’s and meetings.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective clients
- Coordinate sales with MD
- Positively contribute to sales strategy and sales ideas.
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitor activities.
The role reports directly to the Manager Director.
This individual would ideally:
- Have a contact network within Financial Market Data for UK stocks to leverage off of relationships and enable easy identification of target clients
This individual must:
- Have an understanding of Financial Markets Data.
- Have proven sales / account management / business development skills
- Possess a strong client orientated approach to work.
- Have a client facing, account management or sales background.
- Have held a sales or similar type (ie client facing) role
- Have had sales or similar training
- Be determined and delivery focused
- Communicate well with colleagues and clients
- Work well in a team
- Possess time management skills and the ability to prioritise workloads
- Follow things through to completion
- Give feedback to colleagues and clients
- Demonstrate aptitude for problem-solving
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software
Please forward your CV and a covering letter to Paul Stanbridge, Fleet Search and Selection, no later than the 31st March.