Working for a Tier One Global Investment Bank to design, implement, test and deploy trading systems for the market making and execution only trading desks.
As part of the development team supporting the Global cash and derivatives rates and credit businesses, you will develop pricing, quoting and algorithmic trading systems that can enhance connectivity to new markets and improve quantitative low latency performance.
Key aspects of the role are:
- Manage relationships with senior Trading/Sales and software vendors
- Tune Linux, reconfigure network routing/firewall setup, adopt new market protocols, and quantitative analysis of latency data
- Configure new ION Trading components and middleware
- Develop Java, KDB/Q, and scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python)
You must have:
- Experience of development and tuning of high performance real-time electronic trading applications, whether buy- or sell-side, or at an exchange
- Quantitative performance monitoring and testing, including population statistics
- Bonds and swaps pricing and risk management
- TCP/IP networking, including technical certifications such as CCNA, highly desirable
- ION Marketview API and platform configuration experience highly desirable.
Location: New York / New Jersey
A global financial organisation based in Vilnius are currently hiring for a IT Specialist / System Owner to work in their Front Office Securities IT team.
The Securities IT team are responsible for building and integrating the next generation of trading applications for their Fixed Income and Equities business.
The Securities IT platform is a combination of in-house developed systems and external vendor products. The System Owners are responsible for the external vendor suite, ensuring that the solutions and systems we have in place are fit for purpose to support the business flow.
We are looking for a skilled technologist who wants to be part of a high performance team that delivers state-of-the-art, value adding solutions to our business stakeholders. Although the position is based in Vilnius, my client has a distributed team of about 30 people so effective communication and collaboration is critical to achieving their strategic objectives.
- Responsible for the electronic trading vendor products, and ensuring the solutions we have in place are ‘fit for purpose’ to support the intended business flow.
- Being the technical expert on the platform and have a thorough understanding of the business flow it supports.
- Coordinate and handle maintenance tasks, upgrades, improvements and optimization.
- Install and configure new components as well as retiring old ones.
- Secure a fruitful working relationship between business users, operations, infrastructure teams and the Securities IT team.
- Solve complex tasks with simple solutions, while keeping the overall picture and dependencies in mind.
- Participate in 2nd/3rd level application support
- Optimization, Integration and configuration
- Project Management
- Development (There will be the chance to work on development in due course for those who have an interest in coding).
Knowledge and experience required:
- Relevant higher education – Bachelor’s degree as a minimum.
- Development background gained from University, spare time or in previous positions.
- Experience in handling third-party software and external suppliers.
- Experience of cooperation and coordination across stakeholders.
- Proven experience with IT projects in a time-to-market focused environment.
- Excellent stakeholder and vendor management skills.
- Understanding of IT infrastructure, spanning across the server side (mainly Windows but some knowledge of Linux is desirable), network, firewalls, etc.
- Experience in an agile work methodology.
- Knowledge of incident and problem management.
For more information, please send your CV to [email protected]
Industry: Financial Markets