Our client, a leading global bank seeks VP Operational Risk Auditor to join its dedicated risk audit team. The successful candidate will be accountable for the audit plan and development of the audit team while maintaining an overall view of the function and its efficacy. With excellent communication skills and ability to develop, maintain excellent relations with stakeholders, senior management and the audit team, the VP Operational Risk Auditor will be committed to raising standards within their own team and the organisation as a whole. Essential:
- Educated to degree level in addition to holding a Postgraduate degree in relevant subject or holding a professional qualification (ACA,FRM)
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills the successful candidate will have the ability to influence and advise team members, stakeholders, senior management.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements of operational risk management including Basel, BIPRU 6, FSA and Sarbanes Oxley. Current knowledge of CEBS 216 would be an advantage.
- Using an indepth understanding of the impact of Basel II on operational risk to inform audit practice and strategy.
- Demonstrable experience in an operational risk management gained in a large bank or FS organisation Thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements, controls and governance frameworks affecting operational risk
- Experience leading teams
- Awareness of AMA practices within Financial Services organisations.