Are you a market risk professional who is looking to leverage your skills and knowledge in a different discipline with varied exposure? Or perhaps you already possess a combination of both market risk and Audit experience looking for a new challenge in a top tier investment bank with long term career growth opportunity?
Our client, a global investment bank with an enviable reputation are looking for a Market Risk Auditor who is technically astute, intelligent and personable to join their specialist market risk audit team. This role would suit individuals who are well versed in market risk process and have an appreciation for risks and process controls looking for more variety and challenges. Equally, it would suit an auditor who has a good working knowledge of market risk, understanding of investment banking products looking to strengthen their technical skills, conduct deep dive assessment and an opportunity to add real value to a business.
Due to the size and stature of the organisation, there is certainly plenty of opportunity for internal mobility, upward progression and continuous learning and development, you will also be supported by your peers and senior management who have a wealth of knowledge and expertise within market risk audit, many of whom have come from a traditional market risk background.
- Contributing to the Market Risk Audit team’s enterprise-wide coverage and play a key part in the team’s development of audit process improvement
- Conducting audits from planning through to completion, acting as subject matter expert for risk, valuation, derivatives
- Responsible for delivering audit reviews of global markets’ portfolios focusing on market risk & valuations
- Providing Market Risk subject matter expertise to the wider audit group
- Continuous monitoring of the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks in global markets portfolios; Value at Risk estimates, Stress testing results at many different levels of granularity for positions and portfolios in global markets.
- Coaching junior members in all aspects of the audit process
- Stakeholder relationship; engaging professional in trading and risk management in frequent dialogue regarding portfolios, markets, positions, liquidity, funding, pricing, valuation
- Degree (minimum BSc/ BA level) with good academic record
- Ideally audit related qualification for those from an audit background
- Internal audit experience is desirable BUT NOT ESSENTIAL we are keen to attract MARKET RISK SPECIALISTS who can demonstrate they have the capability to diversify into audit/ have an appreciation for process risk and controls
- Those from a traditional audit background, must possess good working knowledge of market risk
- Indepth knowledge of investment banking and associated products
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to manage relationships both within the core team, other business areas and stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), especially report writing
- Capable of undertaking new challenges and tasks even in unfamiliar territories and able to learn quickly
- Eager for continuous learning and development
IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO:
USE YOUR MARKET RISK SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTISE;
GAIN CROSS ASSET CLASS EXPERIENCE
ADD VALUE TO YOUR CAREER FOR FUTURE LEADERSHIP ROLES
PLEASE CONTACT CRAIG PHIPPS AT [email protected] or call on 077955 18881
For further details or to refer individuals in your network please get in touch for a confidential discussion. Or to apply, please send your CV to [email protected] / 020 7099 7180