Our client is a leading global financial services provider of back office (accounting
and administration) support functions for pension funds and other institutional
investors. The Group has a long standing reputation as a world leading custodian
and is a highly regarded asset manager and service provider. Their global
perspective is enhanced by local “centres of excellence” and Scotland is seen
as a strategic place for future growth. To support these expansion plans, our
client is now looking to enhance the Fund Accounting team with a number of
Key responsibilities include:
- Verification and production of statutory final and interim accounts in line with the accounting
rules & requirements (SORPS) and the FSA’s Rules & Regulations for Unit Trusts, OEIC funds and other collective investment schemes.
- Daily maintenance of the records and books of various specified funds.
- Working on cost sheet and extended trial balance reconciliations.
- Producing accurate calculations and thorough analysis for all fund expenses and fund distributions.
- Provide a point of liaison for external clients and internal departments eg, NAV & Pricing, Trustees, Auditors, Custodians.
- Resolve review points that have been highlighted by senior team members and ensure they are fully informed of progress
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, with a preference given to those with a degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 0 -1 year of related fund accounting and/or custody experience preferred.
- An understanding of financial securities language preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Good understanding of MS Office applications and spreadsheets.